Planners and Administrators can create, import, edit, archive and duplicate projects.
Creating a project allows you to book users to it and track allocated budget.
- Go to the Projects section
- Click on Create Project
- Enter the project name and a code to identify the project
- Select the Project Type (billable, non-billable or time-off)
- If you have a Budget, enter it (in hours). Use it to track the project budget vs the booked hours
- Select the Client associated with the project or Add a New Client with the quick entry box
- Optional: enter a Start Date and End Date of the project
- Optional: select a Project Manager
- Select a Project Color (or icon for time-off projects). This color is displayed in the Planning in order to easily distinguish projects
- If you have more than one team, select the team that will take care of the project.
- Optional: Enter Project Notes if needed
- Click Save Changes. Your project is now listed in Projects
Alternatively, you can import projects - very useful to create many projects in one shot!
To edit a project:
- Select the project from the project list
- Click on Edit at the bottom of the right panel
- Follow the same steps as above